Business License (Commercial Occupancy Permit)

In order to move into a commercial space in Shaker Heights, you must have a Business License, also called a Commercial Occupancy Permit. The Business License is required by City ordinance (Chapter 1317) and ensures that the City’s commercial properties are well-maintained and in compliance with both City ordinances and Ohio’s building codes.

The City uses the CitizenServe platform for Business License applications.