Contractor License

All contractors performing work that requires a permit, as well as exterior painters and landscapers, must annually obtain a Contractor License prior to commencing work in the City (see Chapter 547 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Shaker Heights).

All registrations expire December 31 of the year issued and must be renewed if projects continue into the following year. Applications may be filed no sooner than December 1 of the year preceding registration.


The City uses the CitizenServe platform for Contractor License applications.