Filing a Fair Housing Complaint

The City’s Fair Housing Office can help if you think you have experienced housing discrimination. Contact us for more information and to help determine whether you may have a fair housing complaint.

You may also submit your complaint online using the Fair Housing Complaint Form.

Our office is charged with investigating complaints of housing discrimination. Learn more about the fair housing laws and discriminatory acts.

If you file a formal fair housing complaint with the City, we will notify the party against whom the complaint has been filed, and then conduct a thorough investigation. We will also attempt to resolve the complaint by agreement between you and the party against whom the complaint has been filed. If it cannot be resolved, we will make a determination as to whether there is cause to conclude that a fair housing violation has occurred. A hearing will be held before the City’s Fair Housing review Board (FHRB) to decide whether there is sufficient evidence to support the charge of discrimination.