Both Mayor Weiss and Judge Anne Walton Keller perform weddings.

At least one of the engaged couple must be a Shaker resident, and provide proof of residency before the ceremony. Either a driver’s license or utility bill is acceptable. The Mayor performs weddings at City Hall as his schedule permits, Monday through Thursday; he does not go off-site. There is a $100 fee for weddings.

Marriage License

Marriage Licenses may be obtained at the Probate Court of Cuyahoga County in downtown Cleveland, or by appointment at a Marriage License Satellite Office, including the Shaker Heights Municipal Court. Pre-register online for a marriage license, then submit the license and the $100 fee two weeks prior to the wedding date. 


City Hall is open the following hours:
Monday to Friday
8:30 am to 5 pm

There’s a mail drop by the front door off the parking lot.


To make arrangements for Mayor Weiss to perform your wedding, please call his assistant, Kimberly at 216-491-1410. You are welcome to bring guests, but we must know how many ahead of time so we can reserve a room of the appropriate size. Smaller weddings are performed in the Mayor’s office. For information on Judge Keller's policies and availability, please call her assistant, Tina, at 216-491-1326.

Sample Ceremonies